Sunday, January 1, 2012

For a Stranger

(Written October 1, 2006. More hopeless romance.)

Please tell me that you’re the type,
That doesn’t feed into the dating hype.
That you’d rather wait till the moment is right,
To meet that someone new.
Because I’m all about the pause of time,
When every word seems to rhyme,
And your heart finally agrees with your mind,
And you know that moment is for you.
If so, then be sure to keep your eyes open,
For steps astray and words not meant to be spoken.
Because your routine could easily be broken
When love comes in contact with surprise.
Because the way I figure, you’re due for a change.
I’ll extend my hand and ask of your name,
Hoping you’re compelled to do the same,
So I have a chance to lock into your eyes.
Maybe you started your way alone,
Or gave up a past and are now on your way home,
Distrust and hurt in your heart has grown,
Striking silent the strings of love’s tune.
But hopefully I can find the chord,
To help you sing songs your heart affords,
Write masterpieces to lead you towards
Crescendos of love sang in tune.
I want to be your warm embrace,
A familiar hold, a familiar face,
And a beacon of light in a darkened place,
That protects you from wiles of danger.
And we can walk this life with hands held together,
Symphonies completed in perfect measure.
Memories for a lifetime to treasure,
Starting with a beautiful stranger.
The face of a beautiful stranger…

No comments: